Monday, April 25, 2011

Just Another Day in Paradise...

Another holiday is behind us, but it was a very good holiday.  Easter always brings great joy and happiness to my heart.  I read to Zack the other night about when Jesus carried the cross to the place where he would be crucified.  As I read to Zack, I kept explaining why things happened that way and why Jesus had to carry his own cross.  He had tears in his eyes when I reached the end of the Bible Story.  I then proceeded in reading about how he was taken down from the cross and laid to rest in a tomb.  He sat silently when I finished the story.  He then looked at me and asked if GOD was mad at His Son and caused him to die.  I told him No, that Jesus was sent to us to show us GOD's love and GOD's word and that Jesus knew He would have a short time to do this.  That seemed to statisfy him.  I kissed him goodnight and started to leave the room, he called me back and asked if GOD was mad at us, I told him that I felt GOD is disappointed in his people but as a good Christian who devotes their life for others and lives a good life I feel HE knows who is out there praising His name.  He said okay and went to sleep.

I got to thinking if maybe the story was too harsh to share with him.  Maybe I should have sugar coated it and read only about the good from Jesus' love.  No, I think I did right because the next night Zack asked me if Jesus is okay now and doesn't feel any more pain.  I told him that yes, Jesus is wonderful and He lives in each of us.  I also told him that Jesus died so we could live.  I guess he did listen to the story and understands a little about it. 

Do we understand?  Do we know how GOD truly loves us unconditionally?  Do we really feel HIS love in our hearts or do we just "think" about Him when times are tough?  JESUS, God's ONLY SON, was crucified and died on a cross so we could live!  That is a great sacrifice and I will tell you today, I don't think I could ever give up any one of my children, my parents, my sister, my brothers, my grandbabies ever like GOD did His ONLY SON!!  Just think about it...what would you do?

Our Easter Sunday consisted of a nice dinner, a great egg hunt and some fierce competition on the Wii Sports...bowling!  So far, Jake is winning but his Dad and I are practicing and next time we will get him!  The grandbabies had a blast, the egg hunt was inside...upstairs.  I wish now I had divided it with the little kids downstairs and big kids upstairs...less craziness.  I just hope next year it is sunny and not so wet.  The sun did come out in the afternoon and it was quite nice...the kids went out and definantely enjoyed the mud!  Everyone left around 5ish and Zack, Greg and I just sat down and took it easy.  We missed those who could not be with us but they were most definately in our thoughts and prayers.

The goslings are hatched!!  I will post more later...with pictures.  I can't wait to see them...Spring is truly here and GOD has blessed us with so much beauty and love!! 

Until we meet again...may God always make your path an easy walk!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment