Friday, December 3, 2010

First week of December 2010

What a week.  Lots of positive happening in our lives and some negative too.

The negative is not always have enough money to do what we want, we pay bills and live with what we can but we get by and enjoy life as we can.

Now the positive, ZACK has a magnificent week at school all five days.  That is a record for him.  He is growing, learning and most of all controlling his behavior in a more positive manner.  He feels the changes himself and the pride he shows is really wonderful!  To think a year ago at this time we really were struggling and praying hard that things would turn around for him.  It has take a full year for this transformation and we are truly blessed and thanking GOD on the highest!!  I know there will be days/weeks/months that Zack isn't doing well but the days/week/months that he is, is a major celebration for him and he deserves it!! 

Why the changes, we are not sure.  I feel that things are just starting to click for him.  He is beginning to realize that there is structure and it is not going to change.  There is stability and we have proven that with our lifestyle and with a very positive team of folks who help Zack everyday.  There is an over abundance of love...Zack tells us he loves us a lot each and every day.  We tell him too!  Lots of hugs and kisses.  There is GOD who believes in Zack and is showing us how to guide Zack in life.  It isn't always going to be wonderful and great for him but each and every positive is one step closer to a better life for him as he grows older. 

We have not heard anything from the natural Mom since my last posting and that is fine.  She can just be happy in Arkansas with the choices she has made and we are delighted to have Zack, Katie and Jadden shining a special light of love in our lives. 

So what are you doing for Christmas?  Do you have any traditions?  I would love to start some...especially for the grandbabies.  My parents really didn't have a tradition that I can share, but they were always good to us and our Christmas was celebrated with our family, Aunts/Uncles/Grandparents and friends.  I remember visiting my Grandpa Lucas' house and each family had a Christmas tree and under it was packed with presents from Santa.  Their was always something special but one Christmas I received glass procelein dolls from around the world and just fell in love with them.  I begged my Dad to build shelves above my drapes in my bedroom or a shelf so I could display them, he never did and they got broke and finally tossed away.  I had twelve dolls and they were beautiful but I think Switzerland was the best one, she was just beautiful.  They were the size of a Barbie doll and immaculately dressed.  Wish I had those dolls today...not for the dollar value but for the sentimental value.  My Grandpa died that next spring and we did not have another Christmas with his family again.  Sad but true.

Well I shall sign off for now.  Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and my ramblings.

May God shine His light upon you, May you carry in your heart His everlasting love and share it with others around you! 
Hugs!
Paula

1 comment:

  1. The dolls sounded beautiful. They would have meant a lot to you today... but the earthly things do pass away.

    I'm so happy to hear how God is working in your life, and through you in Zack's life. I knew God put him in good hands...

    May He continue to bless your family.

    ReplyDelete